11/10/2017 Posted By Admin Admin
Here are five maintenance tips you need to take note of:
- 1. Check the door knobs regularly: they are the most overworked parts of any interior door. A door knob also houses the lock and the key, so it really needs your frequent attention. Regularly check for loosening screws and oil the moving parts.
- 2. Door hinges; door hinges control door movements. The hinges need your attention as long as you want your doors to open and to close. Dust and other debris can clump and hinder the door movements, so you need to clean the hinges often.
If you have a sliding door, take good care of the moving mechanism, be sure to keep them debris free too.
- 3. Create a cleaning timetable: don't wait until your doors start giving signs of damage. Set down a regular cleaning period for your interior doors.
- 4. Keep door tracks free: ensure there are no hindrances or blockages to your door when you are opening and closing, or sliding it.
- 5. Carefully choose your cleaning solution and wipes; it's not a good idea to grab any cleaning solution. Choose the one that suits the door material. Avoid using solutions that might bleach your doors or peel off the painting.
- 6. Scrub gently to remove dust and stains.